CD Release: Words and Music by Cory Band
Published in General on 2013-07-24 by Empty Chairs
More news from Cory Band
Cory Band have announced the details of our next CD release called Words and Music that they have been recording for the last few months.
Ther CD features five substantial works which have their origins in poetry or prose.
- Daphnis and Chloë (Second Suite) - Maurice Ravel arr. Howard Snell 15.34
- King's Messenger - George Lloyd 11.58
- Paradise Lost - Concerto for Tenor Horn - David Harrington, featuring Owen Farr (Tenor Horn) 18.42
- Eden - John Pickard 14.33
- Resurgam - Eric Ball 12.55
Since the beginning of time, the written word has been a rich source of inspiration for the imagination of composers. From ancient civilisations in Rome, Greece and Egypt, to medieval settings of Bible stories and romantic works by the great composers (such as Beethoven, Berlioz and Mahler) works of literature have continued to fire the creative furnaces within many musicians' minds.